Thank you so much to Cassiopeia’s Moon for nominating me for this! She has a lovely blog, you should all go check it out 🙂
I didn’t want to give you really boring and basic facts like “I like chips”. I do love to read other people’s posts like that, and in some of my other posts, some of my facts are that. For that reason, I wanted to change it up and give you a little more interesting facts that I hope you enjoy reading 🙂
My 7 Facts:
- I love listening to music (as do most people) but when people ask me “Why type?” I have no idea how to answer. My favourite band is probably Twenty One Pilots, but I also love One Direction and Vampire Weekend and Clppng. From just those bands, you can see that I don’t really have a specific”type” I just like some songs and don’t like others.
- I’m a third culture kid! For those of you who don’t know, this is the definition for a third culture kid: “A term used to refer to children who were raised in a culture outside of their parents’ culture for a significant part of their development years.” I’ve lived in a total of 5 countries and I’ve moved 6 times in my entire life 🙂 I can honestly say I love being a third culture kid and I can’t imagine my life without all the travelling. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to be one of those kids who lived in one country for their entire upbringing.
- I play the ukulele and I’m completely self taught. I got it as my 15th birthday present and have been playing since. There are so many people who inspired me to get a uke, but the first person who made me want one was Charlie McDonnell from charlieissocoollike (his YouTube channel). After that people like Tyler Joseph and Dodie Clark just made me want one more, and I’m so happy that I finally got one 🙂 (PS. I also play the piano)
- I am a reader who absolutely cannot decide whether physical books or eBooks are better. I’m not going to go into full detail here (let me know if you guys want a full blog post with a proper comparison!), but basically, I love the feeling of real books and having them displayed on my shelf and getting to hold them. However eBooks make it easier to carry a bunch of books for trips, and also I can get books whenever I want without having to go check if a bookstore has it.
- I love to rap. I’ve been told by friends that I’m actually quite good at it, but I am way too scared to perform anything in front of any audience that aren’t my friends.
- I love art and painting in specific however I really don’t think I would ever go into an artistic profession. For some reason, I find it really hard to paint in my art classes in school as everything is really structured, even with all the creative freedom I do have. Also there is always that pressure to do well in whatever I’m painting. However when I paint just for fun or without thinking too much, I feel that that’s when I produce my best work 🙂
- My favourite holiday is Christmas because my family takes it super seriously and we decorate our whole house and have this carol singing party, and then there’s all the
- traditions we have for Christmas day itself and honestly, it’s just all around lovely 🙂
Nicolynne @Geek Girl Speaks
PS. Sorry I haven’t been active at all recently! I’ve been focusing really hard on my schoolwork, but thing seem to be getting a little less intense now, so I will definitely be posting more often 🙂 Thank you for all your support!