Hello everyone! I was nominated by the lovely Novel Gossip for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much! For those of you who are unaware, this award is used to acknowledge and spread the word about blogs under 200 followers.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than
- 200 followers
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
And let’s go 🙂
The 11 questions I’m answering are as follows:
- What book do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
- Ebook or actual book?
This question is actually really hard for me, because I used to live in a country where it was hard to buy books for two reasons. Firstly, they didn’t stock new books until like a year after they came out unless they were super popular and secondly because they were extremely overpriced. Because of this, I did practically all of my reading on my kindle. However, when I moved away I started reading less on my kindle and buying more books now that they were available. So I know I suck being indecisive but I actually cannot choose, I love them equally.
- If you had to part with one of your favorite books forever which one would it be?
Harry Potter, 100%, without a doubt. I don’t even think I have to explain this one, but in short, I love the series, I love Hogwarts, and I want to be a witch so bad.
- Favorite type of book to review?
I like watching book review videos and blog posts. I don’t really read many book reviews on Goodreads, but rather I just look up reviews for that book on YouTube or WordPress to find something.
- Favorite type of book to read purely for pleasure?
Contemporary romance. I love teen cutesy romance novels so much and they make me feel so happy inside and AH they’re just lovely 🙂
- If you had to pick your favorite author who? Why?
J.K Rowling, probably because the Harry Potter series just has a special place in my heart, as it does for many people. I even did a whole project about J.K Rowling in 3rd grade on how she was a significant figure. None of my teachers believed me while my classmates picked people like Mother Theresa and Ghandi, but I proved my point pretty well through my love for this author and the series ❤
- Who is your dream author interview?
I’m gonna go again with J.K Rowling, but other than that I would say Marie Lu, Marissa Meyer or Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi, just because they’re the most adorable couple ever.
- What book are you most excited to see released this year?
It actually was already released and it’s “The Last Star” by Rick Yancey. I am yet to read it but I cannot wait!
- Favorite quote about reading/books?
All you need are books, tea, blankets and pillows 🙂
- Link to your favorite post/review you’ve written?
I’m pretty new to this whole blog thing so I only have 4 posts (counting this one, but I think my favourite is my “Top 10 YA Contemporary Novels”. I like this one a lot because I worked hard to try and give non-spoiler reviews and add in a link to make it easy for people to find them on Goodreads.
- How did you pick your blog name?
I was actually sitting in my French class while creating this blog and just messing around until “BookishAfterthougts” came to mind, as this blog is about my thoughts about books 🙂
11 Facts About Me:
- I like chips. A lot.
- I am the youngest of three and I’m 15 years old 🙂
- I’m from India, but I’ve never lived there
- Going along with the last fact, I was born in Oman and have lived in 6 different countries in my life, making me a third culture kid.
- I have an extremely American accent, but I’ve never lived in America before. The reason I have it is because I’ve been to American curriculum international schools my entire life so I was exposed to that accent a lot I guess? 😛
- I play the ukulele and I love it to pieces
- I hate when people add fruit and herbs to their water. I like my water as just plain old basic water
- I hate coffee. Tea all the way
- I watch a lot of TV shows, my favorites being Doctor Who, Sherlock, The Fosters, Teen Wolf and Full House.
- I am definitely a night owl
- I am a procrastinator who also wants desperately to do well in things. This leads to a lot of stress, especially last minute before exams.
The people I nominate :
Ps. You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to 🙂
11 Questions from me to you:
- Do you listen to music while you read?
- Favourite childhood book series?
- Favourite place to read?
- What are you currently reading?
- Favourite YA romance novel?
- Do you watch Booktube? If so, who are your favourite Booktubers?
- If you organize your books, how do you do it?
- Scariest book you’ve ever read?
- Ronmione or Harrmione?
- Favourite book to movie adaptation?
- Paperback or hardback?
Again thank you for nominating me, and I can’t wait too see other people’s posts!
*The featured image was taken from the blog that nominated me, and I assume it’s the universal picture for this post*