Hello! My name is Aretha and this is my first blog post on my new book blog! I’m so excited to start posting tags, book reviews and so much more.
I decided to start of with something that tells you a little bit about my bookish personality. And what better way to do that rather than the bookish TMI tag? Without further ado…
1) What fictional character has the best style?
Warner from the Juliette Chronicles, for sure
2) Your book girlfriend/boyfriend/ fictional crush?
Okay well there’s way too many of them to list, but off the top of my head:
Sam from “Life in Outer Space”
David from the Rebel Belle series
Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles
Wesley from the Archived series
Frank from “Since You’ve Been Gone”
Cricket from “Lola and the Boy Next Door”
….and many many more
3) Ever loved a character but than started hating them?
Alice from the Alice in Zombieland series. I don’t know what it is about her…
4) Biggest/Longest book on your shelf?
Winter by Marissa Meyer
5) Heaviest book on your shelf?
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
6) Do you have any book posters?
Nope, but I want some!
7) Do you have any book themed jewelry/clothing?
Yes! I have 2 harry potter shirts, 2 harry potter robes and a deathly hallows rings
8) Book OTP?
Sam and Camilla from “Life in Outer Space”
Lola and Cricket from “Lola and the Boy Next Door”
Baz and Simon from “Carry On”
Day and June from the Legend Series
Cress and Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles
Kai and Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles
Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter
Mac and Wesley from the Archived series
David and Harper from the Rebel Belle series
9) Favorite book series?
This is hard, but it’s between Harry Potter, the Lunar Chronicles and from my childhood, the 39 Clues series
10) Favorite Book-to-movie soundtrack?
The Hobbit Soundtrack
11) A book story you miss/ wish would continue?
Firstly, the Archived series. I want more. Please!
Secondly, “Life In Outer Space” because I was more Sam and Camilla because I love them
12) Favorite stand-alone?
Again, it’s too hard to pick! But some of my tops:
Life In Outer Space
The Rest of Us Just Live Here
I’ll Give You The Sun
The Walled City
Hyperbole and a Half
13) Since when do you read books?
I’ve been surrounded by them my entire life. With older siblings who are also avid readers and parents who love reading as well along with living in a house with books in ever single room, it was practically hard not to fall in love with reading
14) Which Hogwarts house are you in?
15) Quality you look for in a book?
16) Favorite book quote
“Broken isn’t the same as unfixable”
“Not all who wander are lost”
17) Favorite author?
JK Rowling. I look up to her and have ever since I first read Harry Potter at age 7
18) Favorite book cover?
I have a lot, but I love the way Me, Earl and the Dying Girl looks
19) Action or Romance?
20) Where do you go when a sad moment happens?
To my bed and then to twitter 😉
21) How long do you need to finish a book?
Depending on the book, between a day to 2 weeks, if I’m really into it
22) How long is your mourning period?
Again it depends on the book. I didn’t read for a month after the end of Champion by Marissa Meyer
23) Least favorite Book?
I’ve never fully hated a book with a burning passion, but recently I read “The Kiss of Deception” and simply wasn’t impressed
24) Turn on in a character?
Loyalty and the friendship element
25) Turn off in a character?
Rude and stuck up
26) Reason I started blogging?
Wanted to try a new way to spread my love for books into the world
27) Name a scary book?
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
28) Last book that made you cry?
Champion by Marie Lu
29) Last book that you gave 5 stars?
Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil
30) Any favorite book titles?
Cinder, Me, Earl and the Dying Girl, The Rest of Us Just Life Here and the Borrowers
31) Last book you read?
Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil
32) Book you’re currently reading?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
33) Last book adaptation you watched?
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
34) A book character you always wanted to talk to?
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
35) An author you always wanted to talk to?
36) Favorite Book snack?
Cheetos. But I have to be careful to only use one hand when eating so I don’t ruin the pages when I turn them with my other
37) Book world you want to live in?
38) Book world you DON’T want to live in?
Hunger Games world and the Uglies world
39) Last time you smelled a book?
Exactly one week ago
40) Weird insults used in books?
“What, you egg.” – Shakespeare
41) Favorite romance book?
I absolutely cannot pick a favourite for this one, and I can’t even list my top favourites because it would go on for too long!
42) Do you write?
43) Favorite magical item?
44) Your quidditch position?
45) Name a song you connect to a book
Let it go by James Bay and I relate it to I’ll Give You The Sun
46) Favorite book related chat up line?
Can’t say I’ve heard any
47) Have you ever used it?
48) Favorite book fandom?
Harry Potter ❤
49) How many books do you own?
Many many many
50) Who do you tag?
I hope this was interesting for some of you to read, and if it wasn’t don’t worry! I’m definitely going to be putting out different types of posts as well. Hopefully this book blog thing will be something I stick with 🙂